Jun. 16, 2021
Good materials are the basis of high-quality veterinary drug packaging. The new version of "Veterinary Drug Production Quality Management Practices" (referred to as GMP for veterinary drugs) has been formally implemented on June 1, 2020. So in the new standard, what are the requirements for veterinary drug packaging materials?
The requirements for packaging materials for veterinary drugs are stipulated in the new version of veterinary drug GMP as follows:
1. The raw materials and auxiliary materials used in the production of veterinary drugs, and the packaging materials directly in contact with veterinary drugs shall comply with veterinary drug standards, drug standards, packaging material standards or other relevant standards. The ink used for direct printing on veterinary drugs shall meet the requirements of food standards.
2. There should be operating procedures for the receipt of raw and auxiliary materials, packaging materials in direct contact with veterinary drugs, and printed packaging materials. All materials on arrival should be checked to ensure that they are consistent with the order and that the supplier has been approved by the quality management department.
3. The management and control requirements for packaging materials and printed packaging materials that are in direct contact with veterinary drugs are the same as those for raw and auxiliary materials.
4. The packaging materials should be distributed by special personnel in accordance with the operating procedures, and measures should be taken to avoid confusion and errors, and to ensure that the packaging materials used in the production of veterinary drugs are correct.
5. Each batch of packaging materials or printed packaging materials that are in direct contact with veterinary drugs should have an identification mark indicating the name and batch number of the product used. To
6. Each batch of raw and auxiliary materials and packaging materials in direct contact with veterinary drugs should have samples for preparation. For packaging materials in direct contact with veterinary drugs (such as ampoules), there is no need to keep samples separately after the finished product has samples.
The above are the specific requirements for veterinary drug packaging materials in the new version of veterinary drug GMP. Pharmaceutical packaging material manufacturers should strictly follow the standard requirements and establish corresponding control procedures to ensure the quality of veterinary drug packaging.